Friday, September 08, 2006

What I bring to our family

There's a Baby Einstein video about farms that includes a song to the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell" that goes:

The cows give us milk! The cows give us milk!
Hi-ho the derry-o, the cows give us milk!

The chickens give us eggs! The chickens give us eggs!
Hi-ho the derry-o, the chickens give us eggs!

Ever the musician and songwriter/stealer, Kevin made up some other words to the song such as

Our plates give us food! Our plates give us food! Hi-ho the derry-o, our plates give us food!


Then we came up with

Papa gives us silliness! Papa gives us silliness! Hi-ho the derry-o, Papa gives us silliness!

After hearing our rendition of the song, Andy prompted Kevin to come up with words about me and Kevin came up with the following gem on his own:

Mama gives us hair in the shower! Mama gives us hair in the shower!
Hi-ho the derry-o, Mama gives us hair in the shower!


And he sang it with the gusto of a Broadway performer.

2 comments:

--- said...

I wondered whose hair that was!

TeamDandy said...

When you were here, I'm sure it was Shelby's ;-)

I swear I clean it after every shower, I don't know how it ends up being a problem but apparently it does.