Monday, October 25, 2004

My titles should be created post-post

I titled my last post "Immunizations, Playdates and Tantrums - Oh My!" and I never mentioned immunizations or playdates in the post. Pardon the misleading title. The Title box is at the top of the composition page, so I always type it in first. Then my mind goes here, there, and everywhere else while I'm actually typing up my post. I know, this isn't the first time it's happened. However I do usually catch the problem before publishing my post.



Anyway, Kevin is as cute and aggravating as ever :-) Like Keith said in his comment to my previous post, he sounds like a normal kid. He is, and we're normal parents who get aggravated and yet find his wide-open mouth full of dinner so darn cute sometimes (but only sometimes.)



Today I talked to my boss about going back to work part-time instead of full-time. It was never my plan to go back full-time, but I wasn't prepared ahead of time to make plans for that with my coworkers. I did mention to the higher-ups that after I was out for a few weeks, I'd need flexibility because I didn't know what needs Kevin would have (which is certainly true.)



So it looks like I'll be working at the office 2 days a week and then spending a few hours each week working from home. That time will probably be spent reading and answering emails more than actual software development, but I will be purchasing a new computer and probably upgrading my connection (I use dialup now) so that all of the resources of my company will be available from/to my home computer.



I'll try to post a picture or two of Kevin. I can't remember whether I have the software installed here that posts pictures to Blogger "easily" (I've yet to figure out how the software is supposed to work - I fight it and fight it until something shows up on my blog and then I shut it down in a state of confusion with no idea how the picture was successfully posted.



I hope all of you are doing well. It's amazing how far away from my life of 4 weeks ago I feel... I suppose I am that far away in some sense, but I'm still more connected than I probably realize. What a change being a parent is - utterly unbelievable.

No comments: