Wednesday, March 14, 2007

If you're ever going to comment, do it now for my sanity

Please, can someone (or someones) please remind me what the federal government is doing for me besides annoying my socks off?

Between umpteen tax forms that were so confusing I lost sleep over them (not because I'm afraid of owing taxes or being audited, I just couldn't figure out what to do on some of the forms that kept telling me to go fill out more worksheets that asked for data from the ones that sent me which just put me in a circle of not having any information and can you tell how aggravating that must've been??) and being denied a simple change at the social security office with the appropriate paperwork except for something that we were not given in the format that they say they need it in even though I have plenty of other proof that was issued by their same federal government who writes their laws and signs their paychecks and to which they owe their existence.... I'm really ticked off.

3 comments:

I take photos. said...

actually, the current federal government isn't even making an attempt to control the borders...so I guess nothing...well maybe inspecting a peanut butter plant???

Sally said...

they do build/fund some roads and keep the unemployment rate down by employing a lot of folks that couldn't work anywhere else ...
If you figure out how to make them more efficient without losing what freedom we have let me know.

betsy said...

rubbing my temples in sympathy.