Monday, February 27, 2006

Where to begin? Where to end?

We've caught a number of mice in our house since last mention and we naturally selected a few that figured out how to get out of the traps so we started using other more "permanent" traps and have had less of a problem. However, we did find a very large mouse named "Tiptoe" in our mailbox the other day and now Kevin keeps it for a pet and is sleeping with it as I type. Thanks, Kirsten.


....................


Kevin has been sick in his digestive tract (see how I didn't use the other "d" word?) for 5 weeks now and we have an official lab-tested diagnosis of "C. Diff Colitis." The problem is that he's got a huge amount of clostridium difficile bacteria in his gut that his body can't get control over so now his intestine is damaged but it can be fixed with medicine. The medicine has to be compounded for pediatric use but I already knew this as he has been on it before (for a different diagnosis.) So, I knew where to get it but something went wrong with the insurance authorization so after waiting a few more extra days of Kevin having to deal with this, I just paid for the dang medication straight up.


....................


The past few days I've spent eating every different kind of meat I like a lot - salmon, steak sandwich, ground beef and chicken, in particular - in preparation for not eating meat during Lent, which begins in 2 days. Andy will sacrifice snack foods (not snacking, just snack foods, which is going to be really, really rough on him) so tomorrow night for dinner I think I'll have a bacon cheeseburger with a side of Taylor pork roll and Andy will have a plate of potato chips, popcorn, fritos and Snickers.


....................


We found a preschool to send Kevin to in the fall. I contacted and visited quite a few places and none of them struck me as close to perfect, yet I never felt inside like it was going to be a problem. Lo and behold, God showed us the perfect place a mile from our house that has everything and more that we're looking for in a preschool for Kevin. Now we are considering whether to also send him there for their summer program.


....................


Was this boring to read? I'm sure. Do I feel that I'm pretty close to caught up with the major goings-on now? Yes. And that's what it's all about... Me.

No comments: