Friday, February 10, 2006

I only went half-way to being a good aunt

I previously mentioned that this Christmas, Andy and I were a good uncle and aunt to our nephew and niece in Missouri because we actually bought them presents. After sending the box we told them it was on the way. After Christmas, Andy's sister asked if we sent it or had only planned to send it. "Uh, what?" I asked, knowing that I'd mailed it the first or second week of December.



Two weeks ago, we received a large box in the mail with a note from the Post Office attached to it. Inside were a couple of the presents that we mailed to Missouri and those that were there were pretty well damaged. The others were just plain missing. Something drastic happened to our package and it never made it to our relatives.



Although we didn't spend that much money on those presents, it was enough that we were hoping not to have to spend it again on the same presents. We still haven't decided what to do.

No comments: