Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yesterday...

...all my troubles seemed so close at hand.... No, no, that's not how it goes. And not all of my troubles were that close - just a whopping migraine unlike any I can recall. Granted, many people who suffer from migraines have whopping migraines every time, but with medication to control them and an understanding of one of my major triggers, I've been pretty well off. However, yesterday was a doozy.

I had a usual aura that notified me to take my medication but then after I drove Kevin to his program, the pain came on greater than it should have. And then I had another aura and another aura and it just turned into hours of visual disturbances. That has never happened before. And the pain has never been that great when I take medication at the beginning. And when the pain is that strong, my stomach decides it doesn't want to retain its contents.

So... my lovely day full of possibilities - light cleaning, jigsaw puzzling, going on a date with my husband, scrapbooking for the first time in a year - turned into a day of feeling like crud. But at least I felt like crud without an almost-6-year-old shadow asking questions about why my barf looks like it does. That was refreshing.

No comments: