Monday, March 17, 2008

Musical tastes of my 62-year old parents

Last week I compiled a music CD for my parents to use when they exercise. I wanted only to include music they don't already have but things that I deem "exercise-worthy" - if it keeps me on the treadmill for 5 more minutes, then it's good.

I was wary that they wouldn't like the Gipsy Kings and Offspring songs but was pretty sure they'd like Metallica and Linkin Park.

After my mom listened to it the first time, I asked if she liked some/most/all of the songs. Her response was, "'Crazy Train' has always been one of my favorites! Do you have an Ozzy Osbourne CD?"

Yes, Mom, we have a couple of them and you are welcome to borrow them. I'm sorry, but we don't have any AC/DC that you don't already have. (Yes, I'm being serious.)

No comments: