Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Life

I'm reading a novel ("Killer Material" by Dan Barton) about a stand-up comic and it's written by a stand-up comedian so I trust that most of the stuff that happens at the shows is close to real. His main character says:

The connection you could feel with a crowd that was engaged in your performance could be... better than anything. Reality paled in comparison. It made addicts out of people. Life was on the stage. The rest was waiting.

Emphasis mine.

That begs the question - What is "life" to you? What is better than anything else? What do you wait the rest of your life for?

There is no wrong answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good question. For me now Life is the weekends and everything else is waiting. I need to get back to the time when walking was life and that was enough to get me through the waiting....JD