Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ride Observations

Road ride, 6/19/09

  • My new bpa-free but squeezable water bottle (I shopped around a lot to find one and I found it at Larriland farm, of all places, for half the price of a regular bottles at an outdoor or bike shop) is slippery and hard to get in and out of the bottle cage, but I plan to keep working with it.

  • There are trees in bloom right now that are very pretty with dark green leaves and long, yellow flowers that STINK like mad.

  • My highest heart rate was 175 bpm.

  • Route 99 is better riding than neighborhood streets because there aren't many places I have to stop and my average speed is higher.

  • Route 99 is harder riding than neighborhood streets because there aren't many places I have to stop and my average speed is higher.

  • I can't imagine how professional riders come down those mountains so fast in a clump of other riders without crashing every time - or having a heart attack.

  • There have been lots of changes to bike shorts in the past 10 years. It's hard to find them without thick gel padding now. The jury is still out on whether I like it or not. I think it extends too far to the front and will cause me problems after a few rides.

  • I hate running. Why do I keep trying to like it? Cycling is so much more "right" for me.

  • My ankle feels great but I have less range of motion than I thought. But it's still doing great and doesn't negatively affect me when riding (at least, not that I realize.)

No comments: