Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Today's mood

I have been so tired and cranky today. Make that tired, which causes the crankiness. I tried hard to be "engaging Mom" on this first day Kevin and I had together for summer break. I would've settled for "happy Mom" or "tolerant Mom" but it just wasn't happening.

I was so tired that I fell asleep in the middle of a sentence while reading out loud to Kevin this afternoon. Actually, that's not so strange for me, but it's an example of how tired and drowsy and dozy I felt.

Today was my turn to go for a bike ride after dinner and I had a feeling I'd get 100 yards up the road and fall over. The opposite happened. My legs and lungs felt the best they've felt yet this season. I then expected to feel energized when I got home, which I often do after exercise.

While I was a bit more social than I felt like being the rest of the day, I still wasn't happy, gracious or engaging. I was tolerant, though.

Not sure what's going on, but I don't like it. Except for the great ride part. That was pretty awesome.

No comments: