Monday, December 05, 2005

Christmas Shopping

A friend asked me the other day if we're done shopping for Kevin for Christmas. I replied, "Finished? We haven't even started." She looked blankly at me not knowing whether I was joking or not, so I clarified for her (and horrified her?) by saying that last year, we only gave him one present and it was a hand-me-down from a friend's kid.



On the other hand, we're being a good aunt and uncle for once. We have a nephew and niece in Missouri who never hear from us, even on their birthdays. I don't think we sent them presents last Christmas either. That wouldn't be a big deal except that their family always sends us and Kevin presents for every holiday. Now we get along great with them when we see them, usually once a year, so it's not like they're long-lost relatives or anything. I showed Andy what I bought them today at the mall and I asked if he thought they'd mind that we didn't spend much money on them. He said that he thinks they'll be happy to know that we realize they exist no matter how little we spent.

No comments: