Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Perseverance

God gave me this verse from the Bible today:

James 1:2-4

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that
the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you
may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.



As with all of what God gives me, it's fitting for me today. I'm on a renewed journey to fight
a particular cycle of repetitive sin. Important things that I severely lack when it comes to any difficult task
are discipline and perseverance. I often give up instead of fighting. Sometimes that is the right
response but most of the time, for me, it's not.



When I've read and studied this verse in the past, I've never stopped on the word "perseverance." I've
either concentrated on considering it joy to face trials because I can at least know that God is working
in me or I go on to the idea of gaining maturity. What is most important for me now, though,
is perseverance. I hope to gain an ability to persevere farther through my current trials. And it sounds
like I will.

No comments: