Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Locks of Love - our 1 year anniversary

Fifty-two weeks ago today (that's 364 days, so I won't call it a year), Beth and I donated our hair to Locks of Love, a charity that donates custom-molded hair prosthetics to children under 18 who have lost their hair due to long-term medical reasons. Contrary to popular belief, they do not provide most prosthetics to children with cancer, but to children whose hair will never grow back due to the auto-immune disorder called alopecia areata.



I have pictures to show of our "Before" and "After" looks, but they are stored at Geocities, which will not allow me to link to them from here. I'll have to determine an alternative. Until then, you can read up on the Locks of Love program and consider your own donation!


No comments: