Wednesday, May 04, 2005

That's a nice red badge of "courage" you've got there, son

When I picked Kevin up from childcare at church today after a bible study meeting, he had a new lump on his forehead. He very often has a bump on his head so I wasn't concerned but I was curious. I asked him about it and he shared in the way only he can what happened, complete with the words, "Maria hit" and the action of him smacking his hand into his head to show me where he was hurt.



I later found out the story from an adult who saw it happen and it wasn't a punching match with Maria or even a case of tripping over something or falling off the jungle gym. Kevin got hurt HUGGING. Apparently Kevin and Maria were hugging each other most of the morning and one hug got out of control and they wouldn't let go of each other as they were losing their balance and they just fell over and smacked their heads together and then on the floor.

No comments: