Thursday, October 13, 2005

Trip Report

So last weekend we were in Cape May, NJ, from Friday through Monday. It was our "annual" trip there with my parents for the huge bird migration. Last year we knew we wouldn't be able to go so we went in the spring instead. We didn't know if we'd make it back anytime soon but, lo and behold, Kevin likes watching and identifying birds and being outside so we went again this year. It rained a lot but we went out anyway. Didn't see much in the way of migrating birds (they either didn't stop there or were hidden in the cover to stay out of the rain) but we had a good time. Kevin really was superb - whenever he got tired of what we were doing, he'd occupy himself with something like playing in the dirt or sand or whatever. We ate all of our dinners at restaurants and he remained on excellent behavior there as well. We played miniature golf and he had a good time. He still talks about it and says that he wants to go again.



This weekend I'm going scrapbooking with a bunch of friends. I'll leave tomorrow and return on Sunday afternoon in time to throw my stuff into the house, scarf down some dinner and then head back out for a volleyball double-header. I am considering taking my bike with me - I can't remember the last time I rode my road bike without the trailer attached. That would involve taking all my gear, too, so I don't know whether I will or not.



Let's hope that I get some scrapbooking done this weekend - some progress would be nice. I don't work on my scrapbooks at home anymore and I can't recall the last time I made a card.

No comments: