As a cyclist I promise...
- to do my best to signal my intentions regarding slowing down or changing course
- to stay on the shoulder where the shoulder permits me to safely ride
- to stay on the roadway where the shoulder does not permit me to safely ride
- to make my presence known to you, even if that means being in your way on purpose
- to expect that you will be annoyed by my presence and do stupid things because of your annoyance
- to continue riding despite your annoyance because I know that while on my bike I am a) not adding greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, b) decreasing your health insurance premiums as I become healthier and cut down on the number of claims I make, and c) decreasing the demand for gasoline thereby increasing the supply (and reducing the price) for you