Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dear Drivers


As a cyclist I promise...


  • to do my best to signal my intentions regarding slowing down or changing course

  • to stay on the shoulder where the shoulder permits me to safely ride

  • to stay on the roadway where the shoulder does not permit me to safely ride

  • to make my presence known to you, even if that means being in your way on purpose

  • to expect that you will be annoyed by my presence and do stupid things because of your annoyance

  • to continue riding despite your annoyance because I know that while on my bike I am a) not adding greenhouse gases to the atmosphere, b) decreasing your health insurance premiums as I become healthier and cut down on the number of claims I make, and c) decreasing the demand for gasoline thereby increasing the supply (and reducing the price) for you


No comments: