Sunday, December 04, 2005

Get your applesauce

Today our church had Christmas on the Farm which includes picking up pre-ordered Christmas trees, wreaths and roping, hayrides, bake sale and craft sale. I was part of the craft sale and I sold homemade applesauce. I had made applesauce before but this was the first time I'd canned it. That part was lots of fun and I look forward to canning some other things (like tomatoes and maybe pickles) next year.



Anyway, I sold about 2/3 of the jars that I took. I don't feel like looking at my list of how many quarts and pints I made so you really have no idea how many that was, do you? Oh well. I'm pretty much done with applesauce for right now. I still have some jars that I can give away as gifts and we will eat the leftovers as well. What was cool was that everybody who tried a sample bought some.



Andy sold some of his leftover jewelry and some beaded candle holders, too. It's neat to see how much people love his creations.

No comments: