Saturday, April 23, 2005

Bicycling

I rode my bike with Kevin in the trailer this morning. Despite that fact that he fell asleep when I didn't want him to and I had to deal with yard sale traffic, I had 2 bright spots to make the ride feel better.



I often see joggers, walkers, dog walkers, etc. while riding the neighborhood streets I was on today and I often wave and/or say "Hi." Today a man saw me from his driveway and let out a big smile and gave me a thumbs-up after pointing to the trailer. Then I was on my way up the last hill to our house (we apparently live on a mountain because everywhere I go is down on the way out and up on the way back but you'd never notice it in a car.) Anyway, I was on my way up the last hill to our house when I passed by 2 children riding their bikes. I waved and said, "Hello" with a smile and I heard the younger one say, "Wow, she's flying!" Which, of course, I wasn't, but I'll take that kind of compliment anyday! In fact, that's probably the first time anyone has thought I was riding fast.

No comments: