Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I used to think I was realistic (part 2)

Continuation of this post.



Expectation #6

I will not change my childrens' diapers in public.

Reality #6

I do what is most convenient and that is often all about not having to find a suitable private place to change Kevin's diaper (as in this post.)



Expectation #7

I will not ask my children to do things, I will tell them to do things. I will not say, "Ok?" after most of my sentences.

Reality #7

Kevin, like most children, responds best when he thinks that he has chosen to do something. Control is a big issue. He is generally compliant and is comfortable making the decision to do something when asked so he is 80-95% likely to do what I ask. However, if I tell him to do it he's only maybe 50% likely to do it because not doing it is the only way to exert control over the situation.

No comments: