Sunday, April 03, 2005

Two adults and 2 kids overnight does the trick

I'm frantically (well, let's just say "determinedly") cleaning up our house for last-minute overnight guests. While I won't do much dusting or scrubbing, I am definitely having to clean up the place. We're used to using half of our dining room table for eating and the other half for various things but we're going to have 7 people eating there for the next couple of days. And the guest bed? It's covered in piles of our stuff that came out of Kevin's closet when we put in the organizer system because we haven't figured out where it's all going to go. Perhaps it'll just go back in there for now. His clothes are tiny and don't need much room!



I have to say that I really enjoy this kind of thing when I don't let it stress me out. I like to organize, put away, throw out, etc. It feels good to create more efficiency and simplify. I just needed a good reason to do it (somehow my few spare minutes a day don't translate into house cleaning most of the time but into reading, catching up on email or viewing a snippet of TV. Call me selfish; I do.)

No comments: