Friday, April 29, 2005

Maybe it'll come to me in a dream tonight

I took a bubble bath tonight and read further in The Story We Find Ourselves In. Then I fell asleep in the hot water with my head mostly submerged (is there any more relaxing way to sleep? my blood pressure was probably 50/20.) As I was waking up but before I was completely conscious, I had a tremendous insight. I was able to pull together an idea from the book with some real-life experiences and a bunch of things "magically" made sense. I even spent a minute (probably only a few seconds, actually) thinking of how to explain it to other people because it was so good I wanted to share it. Then I opened my eyes and my great insight was gone. Vanished. Poof. I hope it will come back but even if it doesn't, it's nice to know that I had it and to remember the feeling of really "getting" something.

No comments: