Thursday, April 07, 2005

Thank Goodness it's not broken

I've had a number of sports injuries in my life. This week I experienced a new one - a blow to the bridge of my nose. I had no idea how painful that is.



I played ultimate frisbee on Tuesday and the disc was deflected off somebody's hands and the edge of it smacked me square in the nosepiece of my sunglasses. I had to walk off the field for a bit to collect myself. I didn't expect to still be feeling it as badly 2 days later.



Fortunately it's not swollen and you'd have to know to look for the bruising to see it but that doesn't mean I don't feel it constantly and especially when putting on glasses, squinting, or touching it. I should've told Kevin that before he (accidentally) punched me in the nose this morning. Owwww.

No comments: