Tuesday, June 28, 2005

4 more days!

Jan Ullrich has been Lance Armstrong's biggest rival in the past Tours de France. Ullrich came in second place in his first Tour de France and then he won the following year. After that, Lance returned from his fight with cancer and made history. Jan has been working to win ever since but this year, he is gunning harder than ever. From VeloNews:

"I'd love to beat him," Ullrich, 31, told Welt am Sonntag newspaper. "He's dominated the race for the last six years and broken the records of the century. That's my motivation -- this is the last chance."



I believe that Lance will win. I believe that Ullrich will give a spectacular fight. I believe that others will ride their hardest and come close to the top but I don't think they'll get there this year. I think this will be a really exciting race and I hope that Lance's last race catapults American interest in cycling through the roof rather than forcing a drop-off when he retires.



It all starts this Saturday, July 2nd, in Fromentine, France. Will you be watching?

No comments: