Monday, June 27, 2005

Corners turned


  • Kevin wants to sleep when he's tired - ok, so this isn't true all the time, but it's true some of the time and that's a big change. Today I took him, sleeping, out of his carseat and when I brought him in the house I took longer than usual to put my bags down and one of them knocked him. He woke up and said, "I want nap in Kevin's room." I eventually got him in there and he went back to sleep. He used to fight tooth-and-nail not to sleep, anytime.

  • Papa is now only usually better than Mama, not always better - Kevin was superbly clingy with Andy for a long time but he eventually eased up on both of us. He'd still pick Andy over me to do just about anything. Now he is getting closer to 50/50 between us.

  • Kevin is gaining selectivity with food and will leave food on his plate - although food pickiness can be really annoying, it's a good thing in Kevin's case because it means that his overt need for security from food is diminishing. Also, he'll leave food on his plate when he's full if I tell him that I'll save what's on his plate for another time.

  • He'll stay in a separate room - if I leave the room that Kevin is in and he's in the middle of something, I can go without him following if I don't tell him that I'm leaving, even if he watches me leave. A week or two ago, he played a game on the computer while I took a shower, never coming into the bathroom while I was in there. Yowza.

No comments: