Monday, January 09, 2006

Conversations


Me: These lights are hard to get off the tree. Where is this string coming from?

Kevin: Where dat string coming from?

Me: I don't know yet. Papa is a crazy light man, you know.

Kevin: Haha! Papa is a crazy man.

Me: No, honey, Papa is a crazy LIGHT man.

Kevin: Papa is a crazy man.

Me: Well, maybe sometimes. You're right.




Kevin: Mama, do you know dat dinosaurs lay eggs like chickens?

Me: That's very interesting!

Kevin: Mama, do you know dat dinosaurs lay eggs like chickens?

Me: Yes I do, and I find that very interesting. Thanks for telling me.

Kevin: Mama, do you know dat dinosaurs lay eggs like chickens?

Me: Somehow I do know. Where did you learn that dinosaurs lay eggs like chickens?

Kevin: From a dinosaur book.

Me: Oh, very nice.

Kevin: Mama, do you know dat dinosaurs lay eggs like chickens?

Me: Are you seriously asking me that again?

Kevin: Why did the dinosaurs all die?

Me: We think that a big meteor hit the earth and changed the climate.

[pause]

Kevin: Why he die, Mama?

Me: Why did who die?

Kevin: Jesus.

Me: That's quite a segue. He died to pay for all of the things that we do wrong so that we can have a relationship with God.

Kevin: Oh. "The itsy, bitsy spider went up the water spout! Down came the rain and washed the spider out...."




Me: Kevin, I'm going to take a shower and then we'll go to the playground.

Kevin: I want to play on your computer while you take a shower.

Me: You can play on your own computer now, remember?

Kevin: It has dat web thing?

No comments: