Friday, March 11, 2005

He rarely steps away from us voluntarily

While Kevin hasn’t grown any taller he is now able to reach more things than he used to because he’s becoming bolder and he tries to reach more things.



Yesterday when I got home from work Kevin didn’t greet me at the door and he wasn’t in the kitchen with Andy. My quizzical look prompted Andy to respond, “I’m a little concerned, too.” I heard the water turn on and off in the bathroom and then Kevin came running out still wearing his coat and carrying a tube of lip balm (nothing unusual or concerning there.)



I picked him up and gave him a bunch of kisses which slid right off his face. I thought, “Wow, that’s a lot of lip balm” and showed him to Andy. Andy, ever observant, said, “That’s not lip balm - that’s vaseline.”



Yup, vaseline slathered 1 cm thick all over his grinning face.

No comments: