Thursday, June 03, 2004

Our first CSA goodies

Yesterday was the first scheduled pick-up of farm products from our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). We are sharing a share of the Howard County Growers CSA with our friends, the Sitnicks. Kirsten picked up this week's cooler of goodies and in it are the following:


  • Arugula
  • Bok Choy
  • Spinach
  • Squash Blossoms (yes, the flowers)
  • Marjoram
  • Basil plant (in soil)
  • Raisin Bread
  • Cherry Jelly
  • Garlic Scapes (the top of the garlic plant, not the cloves)
  • Another unidentifed green
  • Asparagus

We have a LOT of greens to eat over the next week! I don't know how long they'll all last, but it's going to be tough for Andy and me. I'm just learning to eat lettuce, so these items are quite the taste-bud-stretchers for me. Andy can eat a lot of vegetables, but not the same kind over and over. We'll see how it goes! I've got lots of meal planning to do.

No comments: