Thursday, January 20, 2005

Longings

You know my every thought

My every desire

My longings are not hidden from you.

Teach me to see myself as you see me -

To see, to know, to feel my true longings.



All my life my yearnings for greatness have been quashed...

   by others -

   by myself -

But you - you have been there always, at the edge of my limited vision

Waiting to show me what's inside my heart.



Help me to remove the rubble from my soul -

The rubble that darkens and pushes down my true desires.

You can teach me to see where I want to go and who I want to be.

I can't do it on my own - I need your eyes.



Only when I know my dreams can I act on them.

Only when I know where I want to be can I start the journey.

Free my truest desires and longings

Let them fly to the light where I cannot help but trust that they are real

and from the part of me that is You.

No comments: