Friday, January 07, 2005

Why good-tasting kids' medicines aren't always better

I gave Kevin a dosage cup of cherry-flavored decongestant and he didn't want to take it. I then drew some up in a "syringe" and gave it to him that way and he liked it. I went to the fridge to get him some water and when I turned back around, he was proudly showing me that he was going to drink the medicine in the dosage cup after all. Yikes!! Needless to say, there was quite some time spent crying after I removed the cup from his hand because he couldn't have his yummy medicine. Fortunately for me, he waited to drink the extra dose until I could see that he was being a good boy and doing what I originally wanted him to do and that gave me the chance to stop him.



Parenting Lesson #24,561 (based on parenting mistake #103,687.)

No comments: