Thursday, January 13, 2005

Where have you [not] seen God this week?

In our bible study group, one of the ways that we "keep in touch" at the beginning of the meeting is to answer the question, "Where have you seen or not seen God this week?"



Last night's meeting marked the return of the Aguileras (well, just one Aguilera) to the group. Andy and I will be switching up each week to attend. Andy went last night, so I didn't get to voice my answer. It's probably a good thing that I didn't go, because I had a very low day yesterday and an extremely low night, so I may have found myself talking through the entire meeting about how much I don't want to be a parent. Wait, did I just write that in public? Yes, I did. But I'll refrain from going into any further details at this time. Anyhow... I thought this morning about my answer to the question had I been at the meeting. I think it goes like this.



I see God every morning when I get out of bed feeling like an entirely different person than when I went to bed the previous evening. At the end of each day, I have had it (in a reasonable sense, not like last night.) I'm physically tired, emotionally tired, mentally tired, and all other kinds of tired. I am tired of everything. Then in the morning I'm magically able to deal with Kevin again not just by tolerating him but by interacting with him. That has to be God because if it was just up to me, I'd only feel about 5% better in the morning than I do the night before.

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'"
 --Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments: